Practice Short answer questions in IELTS listening with this complete recording.
If you haven’t done so already, why not create a free membership account so you can follow your progress as you study? It’s free! If you already have an account, all you need to do is login.
When you have finished the test, click the ‘View questions’ button for more information on your results.
Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Correct 10 / 10 PointsIncorrect / 10 Points
Listen to the recording and type your answers in the spaces provided.
Questions 31 to 35
Answer the questions below
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer
31. For what type of positions will a lot of the audience be applying for the first time?
32. What is a general CV unlikely to achieve?
33. How may the approach of writing different CVs for specific applications appear?
34. What should the objective statement be?
35. What is a recruiter unlikely to give to an objective statement which is irrelevant to the position?
List TWO possible areas of work experience the audience may possess that the lecturer tells them not to undervalue.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
Complete the sentences below
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND A NUMBER for each answer.
38. It is more effective to include details of rather than simply listing duties.
39. It is a good idea to have a friend inspect the CV for mistakes with spelling or .
40. It can be challenging for experienced workers to limit their CV to .